Wednesday 29 January 2014

Zuii Organic Liquid Foundation - Flowers on Your Face

Recently I have been trying to be more natural with my make-up, all these chemicals and toxins are starting to freak me out. Zuii Organics is the first place I have been able to try that is free of harsh ingredients. This company claims to be a fully organic flora make-up. This foundation contains many flower extracts and oils, with no real bad ingredients. Although not in the EWG Skin Deep database, a quick search for the none floral ingredients to be no more than a hazard level of 1, which is low and I'm perfectly alright with that! I was a little worried that I would react to this foundation since I have a pollen allergy but I didn't.

I ordered 5 different samples of liquid foundation from their website, , I wasn't sure which colour would match me the best and didn't want to pay $44.95 for the wrong shade. Each sample was $2 and you could get almost any of their products; eyeshadow, blush, powder foundation, or liquid foundation. The liquid foundation samples come in a decent sized tube, almost like liquid concealer packaging. The powder samples however came in tiny baggies that are less than convenient (maybe we will do a review/ swatches of these later).

I live in Canada and the shipping from Australia was $10.50. Usually trying to be cheap I have decided that the health of my skin and self is worth a little more money.

The 5 shades I chose were (from left to right) light rose, porcelain, olive light, beige light, and natural fair.


Light rose is an almost white colour with a slight yellow tone. If you can't find foundation light enough this may be great for you. Porcelain is not quite as pale and much more yellow. Olive light is fair with peachy undertones. Beige light has pink undertones. Natural fair is the darkest of the five  with pink undertones.

The shades that matched me best is olive light and porcelain. I have some warm neutral undertones and quite pale skin. Below is a before and after of my face. I have only my moisturizer on underneath. I put porcelain on the left and olive light on the right, they both kind of blended out to the same colour since they were quite sheer but I do think porcelain matched a touch better.


The scent of this foundation is, you guessed it, floral! To be honest it smells just like Turkish delight, a rose flavoured sweet. I absolutely love the smell. The smell dissipates fast when spread out on the skin. The texture is not so much a liquid but more creamy/powdery and I HATE it. It doesn't blend nicely, I tried it with both my finger tips and a sponge and both weren't great. It sets quite fast and is seems patchy. 


Still on the hunt for a natural foundation, I had such high hopes as it seems liquid foundations are hard to find made from all natural ingredients.

The next natural product we have to try is the Alime Pure Mineral make-up. We will have a review on these when they come in.

Have a great day,

The Cosmoknots

1 comment:

  1. I found this recipe if that helps
    http://wellnessmama.com/27328/liquid-foundation-recipe/

    ReplyDelete