Thursday 23 January 2014

Nostalgia City.. The 90s are Back!

One of our biggest time wasting tactics (because we need distraction from our busy school lives.. bad us) is to look at Forever 21 online. They put new clothes up often enough to keep us coming back. The last time I was perusing their site I noticed that some items seemed straight out of our childhood. The nineties were a time for bright neon accessories and accents, bold patterns, baggy pullovers, scrunchies, and combat boots.

One of my favourite movies growing up was "The Lion King", which spawned a cartoon staple of my life; "Timon and Pumbaa". When I saw this sweater I couldn't refuse! Another item that caught my eye, maybe because of its highlighter yellow shade, was a beanie that kept me believing.

Although I'm still missing those acid-wash jeans, these pops of 90's nostalgia are rocking my world. I have paired this pullover and beanie with a dark wash jeans and brown leather combat boots.
 
Hakuna Matata!
The Cosmoknots

P.S. I also had to get a set of scrunchies.

No comments:

Post a Comment